Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Singapore! (:

Here’s a little update on what I’ve been up to. As most of you know, I work on most weekends. (So stop whining if you think your job is bad enough! P) Anyway, the recent weekend I had the opportunity to finally take a break. Instead of hibernating at home, I’ve decided to pack my bags and take a short adventurous trip down to Singapore. (It was partially planned actually). I was supposed to go down for an interview but due to unforeseen circumstances I have to let it pass. :( However, that didn’t stop me from being excited about the trip.

The trip started off after work on Friday. 3 hours to kill in Pudu, (I don’t know what I would do without Mc.D!) 5 hours spent in the bus, reaching the immigration at some ungodly hour, 3.30am (For the first time, I' felt like a “pendatang asing”) and we finally reached Singapore at 4.00am!


Day 1.

Of Orchard Road, Bugis and Malls!

Agenda:

SHOP

SHOP

and

SHOP!

We really had a great time doing nothing except buying stuff and I thought I missed the sales! Gosh, everything seem so cheap! Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, MNG, CK… (I just wish I had MORE money but then again this is the time to put self-control into practice) : P I can’t deny that shopping is truly a good stress therapy and a costly one too. Talking about maximizing time, we, girls really did! We shopped from 10am to 12 am! ah, bliss. :D

The famous Bugis Street


Day 2.

Of sleep and food!

Singapore Chicken rice!

Japanese Ramen

Achieved during the weekend:

A working leather bag

A Topshop coat

A pair of shoe

Pretty bracelet from Diva

Pierre Cardin

Johnson & Johnson Lotion

and I managed to finish a book!

I really had an awesome time and I know I couldn’t make it without the two babes.Thank you for making the trip possible.

San, thank you for making this tiring trip awesome and of course for walking 14 hours non-stop with me!

Eve- (the Malaysian turned Singaporean babe), thank you for being my tour guide and for the wonderful hospitality.

No doubt, I fell in love with Singapore!


No comments: