Saturday, August 29, 2009

Paris Hilton, a sales person?


If Paris Hilton were in sales, what would happen to the sales cycle? I wonder.I could only imagine.Take a rich,young and hot heiress like her and make her a salesperson, it'll all be about HER. Probably her ratio of sales success would be 0: 0, 110% Paris? At least it's genuine.

No doubt, I agree with Mike on what seem to her favorite subject and that would be herself. "Let's talk about me". (that's predictable isn't it? )

Nonetheless, Mike has a point in pointing out that there are far too many salesperson who are like that, enamored with their product or company when most smart salespeople let the customers do the talking themselves and their business and what your products or company can do for the customers.

I could recall when I first embark on the journey as a sales person, subconsciously I get all excited when I meet client. I tend to talk about our products, company and ourselves, neglecting the important bit: the client.

There's always two side of the coin . On the other hand, I believe that Paris would make a good sales person and marketer. She brands herself pretty well. I can't believe I'm saying this but she's innovative, finding ways to sell herself and her brand that resulted into different product lines ranging from album to perfumes. Great job on the extensions but not on the focus part. Not too bad for a person who talks about nothing but herself.

So, what do you think? I would like to hear.



Sources taken : Mike Sigers.
http://www.simplenomics.com

No comments: