Tuesday, October 7, 2008

23.

22+1. With a blink of the eye, 23 years have past me by. Without realizing, my life has sped past me just like a bullet train. Just like that. It seems like yesterday.

I''ve always wonder how it feels like to be 23. Does that mean i'm a little wiser now? Or perhaps a little mature? 23, you're neither here nor there. you're caught in the middle.


At 23, i'm contented and loved. Not that i wasn't loved for the other years but this year, it's extra special. I have to say you peeps, yes, you, have add frills to my years. Thank you for all the advance wishes. Probably you were more excited than I am! Nonetheless, i'm touched. Really. I was blessed to have eaten so many dinners and cakes this year! argh, now you know where i got those extra pounds.



Despite that, i'm more than blessed!


I'm thankful for those 23 years of joy, laughter, hurt, pain, and tears.

What I am today is by YOUR grace.

My life is surrounded with love, with people like you:-


THANK YOU sammie,sui po, ashley,siew li, wing kor,lai heng, evonne,winson,wawa,bee lee and San for the surprise birthday dinner at TGIF! Thank you for embarrassing me and making it unforgettable :P Nonetheless, this is the best birthday I ever had. i was flabbergasted and touched * teary eyes*. Thanks for making it real for me (:


Sammie, thank you for the posh wine and dine. yes, we had lotsa fun and yay! i'm old enough to drink! haha. i hope my mom doesn't read this :p


Oh, and the mastermind behind the surprise dinner along with the useful tips of being a rich tai tai : http://blessedsammie.blogspot.com/


Sui po, thank you for being you,the co-mastermind, cunningly tricked me into TGIF .I love the Topshop purse.


Jun ming, thank you for always being an awesome friend who never fails to remember my birthday. Thanks for the call from Melbourne.


Subang couzies, thank you for the home-cooked dinner and the yummy blueberry cheese cake!


dr. wong, thank you for the sms , all the way from across the pacific!


The sbgc church babes-yin, jen and peter’s other half: P, thank you for making me fat by dragging me along with your sinful indulgence of oreo mc flurry!


CF peeps, thanks for the wonderful singing! you guys sounded so pro over the phone! (:


Mei ying, thank you for the lovely card!


Daniel, thanks for bringing me to taste the scrumptious crepe cheese cake and for the lecture of me being 23 and still single! Rub it in: P


Denise & Tommy, for the Starbucks vouchers! i *heart* Starbucks!


weiaun, thank you for being a great friend who surprised me with funny lame comments, for the movie and sushi dinner at the Curve!


Edmunde, thank you for calling and for being as witty as you're. so, you really gonna buy me dinner on your birthday as my birthday gift?HAHA!


And for all those wishes, be it through facebook, sms or calls, THANK YOU! i'm touched in every way, well, just not the wrong way (:


Thank you for being a part of my life. I thank God for each and everyone of you. i love the love.


Now, who says you need a boyfriend to be happy? (:

-7.10.2008-

the wonderful peeps!

The two best babes in the whole wide world!


siew li!


The girl who claims that she's demure :P



The young at heart!

more pictures to come.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, becca. You didn't give me your phone number so I can't sms you there. Ying gave me this site, hope you don't mind. Happy birthday.

-aiyen-

becks said...

thanks aiyen! (:

Anonymous said...

It's a bit late, anyway happy birthday...

For the present, just go in any shop and grab it and i will pay it later....by the way dun forget to run as fast as you can after you grab it

^_^

becks said...

Thanks reader! urm..i guess i won't be able to run as fast now after the many dinners which lead to the extra pounds!